Info wanted for Grand Lake, NE Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure but I think there are a handful of places scattered about. You can google it but I would recommend going to Oronogo as there is a diveshop right on the quarry and the atmosphere is generaly laid back. Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO is the website.

My LDS in Tulsa also informed me today that there is a dive shop on the lake. I beleive he said it was near Vanita. And said there used to be a shop in Langley.

Hope this helps

I used to dive Grand a couple of times a year. . . I found some visibility from "Two tree island" south to the dam. I quit diving that lake not because of poor visibility, but because of the boat drivers on that lake. A dive flag is required for you to dive legally, and I had close calls with boats every time I dove there. During a contest we were hunting carp, and at a sandy point out from a creek I passed a 10 lb.+ bass in 20 feet. I usually tell fishermen, but a bass boat ran over my bubbles and was sitting 10 feet from my flag, when I surfaced, he told me to leave, this was his spot. I left the lake and haven't been back.

It's close to home for you, so fly your dive flag and be very careful of the boats. Beaver Lake in Arkansas, or Tenkiller lake in Oklahoma, both have better visibility, and dive shops near the lake for air or equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom