Info about the C-740UZ & PT-018 needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dedhed

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Oly Nation,

I looking at buying the C-740 UZ and the PT-018 housing. Do people recommend this as a first step into digital photography. It fits my price range (about $500 for both items) and seeems like a good product above and I hope below water. From what I have read the elctronic viewfinder is useless in dim light. Is this a problem underwater? Any response, good or bad will be appreciated. thanks.

the sister camera C-730 for work a couple of years now and it's an excellent above water camera. I plan on buying the C-740 and housing as a setup in a week or two. Check on RickB's posts here on the OLY site he has this setup and has posted favorable comments about.

Wildbill:cop_2:

check out my post above about the Olympus C-740 and housing... I previously owned a C-730 with Ikelite. I recently sold both the C-730 and Ikelite and bought the C-740 and Olympus housing, so much better! read my post above for more details, look for the little pirate guy smilie on the left side.

i have been using an oly c750 with a pt-018 housing and find that it is extremely versatile. easy enough for the beginner but yet allows complete control over the settings if desired. i am not sure of the c740. i will post some of my pictures here in the days to come.

safe diving..

Back
Top Bottom