Info about San Juan, PR diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomro

Registered
Reaction score
I will be leaving or San Jaun for 10 days of work, I will be staying at the Normandie Hotel and they list diving as one of the activities around the hotel, the rates for the dives seem very steep. Does anyone know anything about the area? I was thinking of bringing my basic gear and renting tanks. I will be there over the week end and want to get in at least one boat dive someplace. I think the Normandie has a beach dive off the back of the Hotel. Any help or ideas would be greatful.
Grear list to bring?
mask, fins, Snorkel, regulator, BC, computer,
rent; weights, tanks, wet suit if needed?

I stayed at the Normandie once. A pretty nice hotel. The diving I did was on the southern part of the island in Guanica. I dove with Sea Ventures at the Copamarina Resort. They seemed professional and the diving was good. I think it was about a 2 hour drive from San Juan, give or take. If you have a whole weekend off when your there you might consider staying in Guanica. Besides diving, there was some good hiking (with great views) and you can sea kayak out to the magrove islands, which was pretty cool.

Also, if you have some more free time, check out the Arecibo Obsevatory http://www.naic.edu/

10 days of work? Who needs to work!:D

Diving near San Juan isn't very good.

If you can get to Rincon for a weekend, and dive at Desecheo Island (we went with Taino Divers), it's very good there.

In the south at La Parquera, it's also very good diving at the Parquera Wall - it's advanced deep diving. There I used West Divers and Parquera Divers. Parquera Divers is better, more professional and caring.

While you're in Puerto Rico, do take a trip to Farjado for a biobay experience. If you don't mind paying more, instead of the bio bay in Farjado, take the fast ferry (East Wind) to Vieques Island for the bio bay there. It's better. They'll get you back the same night.

Oh, go to Barrachina.com and sign up to get a voucher for free pina colada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom