Inflatable Catamarans - Takacat, True Kit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpecialTest

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have experince with these? They seem more common as a digny for larger vessels (sailboats and such) but I'm interested in one for getting access to some more dive sights. Complaints seem to be that most of the offerings are PVC--and thus have a shorter lifespan than if they were Hypalon--and that they can ride a bit wet depending on conditions. I don't mind the wet bit, as it'll be for diving, and I also don't have plans to take it out in bad weather. Also not looking to go miles from shore, more like miles down shore (river diving). I figure a small 10~15hp motor should get it moving quite nicely, ingress and egress seems easy enough, and it'll all packdown into a car when I want. The packdown capabilities also means to boat and trailer stored in my yard, which is a nice perk.

These are what I'm refering too:

Anyone have experince with these? They seem more common as a digny for larger vessels (sailboats and such) but I'm interested in one for getting access to some more dive sights. Complaints seem to be that most of the offerings are PVC--and thus have a shorter lifespan than if they were Hypalon--and that they can ride a bit wet depending on conditions. I don't mind the wet bit, as it'll be for diving, and I also don't have plans to take it out in bad weather. Also not looking to go miles from shore, more like miles down shore (river diving). I figure a small 10~15hp motor should get it moving quite nicely, ingress and egress seems easy enough, and it'll all packdown into a car when I want. The packdown capabilities also means to boat and trailer stored in my yard, which is a nice perk.

These are what I'm refering too:

I’m leaning towards getting a True Kit 400 with a Tohatsu 20 for offshore diving, snorkeling for lobsters and scallops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom