Indonesia Trip Round 2! This Time North Sulawesi - Opinions Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I was the lucky SOB who saw it!!! Well actually my wife spotted it first and I thought she was joking but then it appeared out of the blue! Yes yes I know the rest of you are super jealous!
Bumblebee shrimp followed by a FRIGGEN WHALE SHARK!!! Not a bad dive. :)

Sure Al,
How I'm not jealous .. hundred dives in Lembeh no whaleshark, not anything longer than my strobe arms.

Wow dude that is super lucky!! And you ticked off the bumblebee too! Lembeh is the business! Which dive site btw?

It was at Air Bajo (off Lembeh Island). Pretty much directly opposite Black Sand Divers, where we were staying. I didn't get a proper shot of the whale shark as I was in utter shock. And took me a while to realise my macro wet lens was still on. So in the end I pretty much just enjoyed the view.
I'm working on my pics at the moment and when I have then up on Flikr I'll also throw up a quick trip report.

Where in Bunaken have some people been diving? Our experience (last autumn and will be back again in Oct 14) is to be surrounded by reef fish, see little things like long nosed hawkfish, pigmy seahorses, fire dart fish, big things like sharks, Napoleon wrasse, and have turtles who swim right up to you and stare in your mask. And of course nudibranchs, mantis shrimps. And in the bay - Risso's dolphins, pilot whales and you never know what else.

We have been diving there for years and we always see new stuff. The sand sites on the Manado side of the bay can yield surprises too. And Lembeh is wonderful. Do not misunderstand muck - much is dark volcanic sand. There's something joyous about a pair of Pegasus sea moths tiptoeing around together on the sand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom