Indonesia snorkelling in Nov / Dec 2024 places?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perantau

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi all - does anyone have any good recommendations for snorkelling in Nov / Dec 2024? It seems many places are affected by the monsoon season during that time...

Thanks

Anywhere in Raja Ampat if you can find availability, Komodo but it is right on the edge of their season change so water can be a bit cooler and viz a little greener. We had beautiful conditions last year in December. You will still see mantas. What do you want to see and what kind of accommodations are you looking for?

We are generally open - now looking at North Sulawesi. I still want to go to Raja Ampat but read about some news re Papua separatists... is it safe in RA?

We are generally open - now looking at North Sulawesi. I still want to go to Raja Ampat but read about some news re Papua separatists... is it safe in RA?
I would have no problem to travel there myself.
You have to make your own decision if you are concerned about your safety.
Staying at the Homestay will offer plenty opportunities for snorkelling. Island hopping is readily available.

I have been to Sorong twice this year and have never felt unsafe or uncomfortable. I think most of the unrest is in the interior of Papua. Raja is actually a cluster of 4 island groups off of Papua. You would fly to Sorong then take a boat to a resort/homestay or ferry to Wasai where you would then take a boat to a resort/homestay. The flight to Sorong is usually a red eye and it is fairly yucky. The hard part might be finding availability.

The flight to Komodo is a short and easy day flight. That time of year would be less crowded in Komodo so you can see the dragons and hikes without a bunch of Instagrammers taking up space.

Sulawesi is nice that time of year but water can be a bit cooler.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom