Indonesia Luxury Liveaboard Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dinesh

Registered
Reaction score
hey all: just a quick note of thanks to this wonderful site and its organizers/participants for the insightful info. on to the question.....

my wife and i would like to take approx. 2 weeks to indonesia, 1 week liveaboard and 1 week beach resort. 2 years ago we did the viking liveaboard in the similan islands and found that experience to be amazing. great boat, nice people, good food and fantastic diving. we would like a similar liveaboard experience in indonesia.

any suggestions for luxury-type liveaboards and destinations? we are planning an april or may 2006 trip (i.e. next month!).

thanks in advance for any replies.

Komodo Dancer springs to mind:

Komodo Dancer

or the Bidadari (a shorter trip):

KM Bidadari

Or, in a different location, the North Sulawesi Aggressor:

North Sulawesi Aggressor

Bali would spring to mind as an obvious combination of beach/liveaboard. The Komodo Dancer and Bidadari are out of Bali (well, Bidadari departs from Labuan Bajo, but domestic flights are included in the trips).

Plenty of choices in Bali - are you looking for dive resorts or just a week of relaxation? Either way, Bali has it - just keep away from the main tourist drags of Kuta etc..

Indonesian Dive Resorts

Enjoy!

dinesh:
hey all: just a quick note of thanks to this wonderful site and its organizers/participants for the insightful info. on to the question.....

my wife and i would like to take approx. 2 weeks to indonesia, 1 week liveaboard and 1 week beach resort. 2 years ago we did the viking liveaboard in the similan islands and found that experience to be amazing. great boat, nice people, good food and fantastic diving. we would like a similar liveaboard experience in indonesia.

any suggestions for luxury-type liveaboards and destinations? we are planning an april or may 2006 trip (i.e. next month!).

thanks in advance for any replies.

You could try the Citra Pelangi. Here's a website: http://www.citrapelangi.com/profile.html

A 1st Class option would be to take a week at Wakatobi Resort and then a week on Pelagian to see the outer reefs. Their Captain's Cabin looks awesome. Wakatobi Resort/Pelagian back-to-back.

The Indonesian Aggressor now departs from KBR, a great resort. If The Indonesian Aggressor is like their others boats, they would make a fine option as well. KBR Resort/Aggressor back-to-back.

We will be doing the Wakatobi/Pelagian option this summer.

Have a ball.

Sandra

dinesh:
thanks for the info: it looks like the pelagian, aggressor or komodo dancer at this point. i'll keep you posted. we are excited!

I've been to Wakatobi and enjoyed it greatly, and I expected the same kind of quality from the liveaboard "Pelagian" that they have recently taken over. However, the following report http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1709755 doesn't paint such a nice picture. You might like to read it before you make your final decision.

we just read that report last night. as it turns out, the pelagian and komodo dancer are fully booked, so no real thinking on those boats is required on our part--our decision is made for us.

we are now redirecting our attention to dive resorts (like wakatobi) or even going to PNG.

besides wakatobi, any other resorts which come to mind?

thanks again,
d

Back
Top Bottom