Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually also here in Italy the decision was to give precedence vaccinating public workers, mostly in the health care group, then public service as policemen and firefighters.
Elderly people will come after, particularly those living in protected structures, where a number of outbreaks caused a lot of deaths.
I think that it is a fair policy, as hospitals and health centers are the places with higher chances of diffusing the infection.
I really hope that Indonesia can open back to tourism, as this year I was planning my first trip to Raja Ampat, of course only after being vaccinated and when the travel restrictions are lifted...

Most of the medicines have a long list of possible side effects. This article really means nothing because it is just an opinion. What worries me more is that many people could misunderstand that the vaccines not have been tested on the question if somebody still can infect others after being vaccinated. Most scientists think that is the case. It means that everybody still have to behave the same as they should do now. Wear a mask, keep a distance when possible and wash your hands very often. Also after being vaccinated you can infect others. I think that especially people working in the healthcare and police should be very well educated to become aware of that.

It has been math modeled for COVID-19 already. If you want to cut the death rate soon you need to vaccinate the 60+ folks first; if you need to stop the virus spreading ASAP you need to vaccinate the young first.

HELP
It has been math modeled for COVID-19 already. If you want to cut the death rate soon you need to vaccinate the 60+ folks first; if you need to stop the virus spreading ASAP you need to vaccinate the young first.
HELP! I do not understand it at all anymore. None of the trials of any vaccine had as target to test for being infectious or not after vaccination. Simply not have been tested. So, why would vaccinating the young prevent further spread?

HELP

HELP! I do not understand it at all anymore. None of the trials of any vaccine had as target to test for being infectious or not after vaccination. Simply not have been tested. So, why would vaccinating the young prevent further spread?
Most of the fatalities in HK are elders or chronic illness suffers. The younger one was about 39!
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03141-3

Young peoples are also a lot less discipline on keeping those recommended measures.

So, why would vaccinating the young prevent further spread?

I suspect it's a matter of degree, and depends on how they live their lives. If the elder is retired and doesn't get out much, and the young person has a job and gets around other people a lot (neither example is always the case, of course), then the younger person has more opportunities to spread it to more other people. But if both catch the virus, the elder is much more likely to die.

What worries me more is that many people could misunderstand that the vaccines not have been tested on the question if somebody still can infect others after being vaccinated.

That's an important question, and one that keeps showing up in some of the articles I see on COVID-19. I think the bottom line is that it'll be answered in the future, as more people get vaccinated. I predict the answer will be a shade of gray rather than black and white. I'm guessing people will be at lower risk to transmit the virus, but not zero risk.

One point made in one of those articles is the human immune system isn't uniform in the body. For example, we hear that producing antibodies to the virus is good; they bind to it, interfere with its infectivity and identify it for the rest of the immune system. Great! But there are different kinds of antibody the predominant in different types of tissue (Wikipedia article); IgG is prevalent in blood, so let's say immunization gives you good IgG levels. But what about the mucosa, where IgA dominates? Do you produce plenty of IgA? Or can the virus colonize your nose and throat well enough to give off infectious particles?

"then the younger person has more opportunities to spread it to more other people." But what, as it seems to be until now, vaccination does not prevent spreading?

"then the younger person has more opportunities to spread it to more other people." But what, as it seems to be until now, vaccination does not prevent spreading?
Flu shot also does not prevent the spreading!

Ten of the millions have been infected with this "chinese wuhan virus" but the mortality rate is still pretty low.

Mortality Risk of COVID-19

Flu shot also does not prevent the spreading!

Ten of the millions have been infected with this "chinese wuhan virus" but the mortality rate is still pretty low.

Mortality Risk of COVID-19
Yes, I knew that about the flu shots. That is why I do not understand why not the most vulnerable are vaccinated first. By the way. Mortality rate in humans is huge. 1.8 million until now. And still counting more and more daily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom