Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm re-booked for October 2022... hopefully will be open and we'll get to see some schools of hammerheads...

My heart breaks thinking about the people in all the little villages that I've visited in Indonesia... everyone talks about Bali, but I can't imagine what it's like in Sorong or Banda Neira now...
As being affected by the pandemic? Probably much better than in Brasil or many other places in the world. Tourism only was a small part of the economy.

No, we also had to postpone everything costing money. And we are not even sure yet if we will be able to open Weda Resort again in future. The new industrial zone is getting closer to the resort and probably will consume much of our conservation projects as well. We are currently living at our Divers Lodge Lembeh which is still open and we trust we can continue.

Oh Indah :(

From Dan's link: "Bali will be open to tourists in July. The requirements and restrictions have not been released yet.

As of now, allowed visitors have to submit a negative COVID-19 test result, take an additional one on arrival, and quarantine for 5 days at a government-designated hotel or until they can produce a negative test."

I'm eager to see how this unfolds. A big question is what happens with the Nov. 2021 - Jan. 2022 season for Raja Ampat (note: I don't know exactly what dates one would use, but my understanding is Dec. and Jan. are good there). And not only whether people can go, but when they'll find out. Just how late in the year will it be practical to make arrangements for flights and hotel stays going and coming for live-aboard trips, for example?

From Dan's link: "Bali will be open to tourists in July. The requirements and restrictions have not been released yet.

As of now, allowed visitors have to submit a negative COVID-19 test result, take an additional one on arrival, and quarantine for 5 days at a government-designated hotel or until they can produce a negative test."

I'm eager to see how this unfolds. A big question is what happens with the Nov. 2021 - Jan. 2022 season for Raja Ampat (note: I don't know exactly what dates one would use, but my understanding is Dec. and Jan. are good there). And not only whether people can go, but when they'll find out. Just how late in the year will it be practical to make arrangements for flights and hotel stays going and coming for live-aboard trips, for example?

It’ll be a last minute rush in booking the flight tickets. I have a trip to Raja Ampat on Feb 2022 that I haven’t done anything on it other than waiting for Indonesia to open, Raja Ampat with Blue Manta, 10-20 Feb, 2022, with 16% off group rate

I even haven’t done anything for my trip in August (4 months away), Sangalaki-Kakaban-Maratua 4-10 August, 2021 with 15% off

Another complication to this traveling overseas during the pandemic is that you need to have a contingency plan, i.e., having the flexibility for additional 2 weeks overseas stay in case you are tested positive, requiring quarantine / hospitalization and having COVID-19 rider on your travel insurance to cover the medical / quarantine expenses.

I have been fortunate for being careful in following the COVID-19 protocols and being with the group of people who were also COVID-19 free during my 4 liveaboard trips and a diving resort in the last 4 months. I heard 2 incidents of divers getting stuck overseas due to COVID-19 related situation (in Maldives a few months ago & in Red Sea recently).

I can't believe I got vaccinated for nothing. I didn't even get a T-shirt.

I can't believe I got vaccinated for nothing. I didn't even get a T-shirt.
Your memory T cells got immunity. It's like a sump pump. If it's working correctly, you'll never notice it at all.

Tried to book a couple of places in October a couple of weeks ago and both places were already fully booked. Waiting might not be an option.

Your memory T cells got immunity. It's like a sump pump. If it's working correctly, you'll never notice it at all.
I'm not arguing against the medical side of it. But the sociopolitical consequences are still a mystery to me. All doors should be open for me now that I pose no threat to anyone including myself. However, there is even no guarantee I'll be allowed back into USA after the trip w/o the test results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom