Incredible dive at Airport Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Was able to do a single dive yesterday at airport with the most incredible vis I've seen outside of Molokini ... actually vis was comparable to a "bad" day at molokini crater :wink: easily 80-100ft + vis. No sediment in the water, just that beautiful clear blue backdrop :D

Missed a 12-14ft tiger shark by an hour according to the previous group... unfortunately he was gone when we got in, but the barracuda at the end of the dive were wonderful to watch. Several eels and did I mention the incredible vis? :wink:

Wish I'd had time for a second (third... or fourth) dive but I had other things to get to...

If anyone else has a chance to dive out there today or tomorrow I hope you get similar conditions.

Aloha, Tim

Man, when I dove AB we didn't see much of anything than a sandy bottom. A few coral, but no eels or cudas. I guess I'm going to have to get back to Maui!!!

I have seen it like that there before Tim. Not on this trip but it was like that last time, once.

It's a nice little dive, lots to see.

I have the worlds longest safety stop on this site too :)

PPO2 - Sounds like it's time for you to come back :wink: I wish there were a predictable shore site that good all the time around here, it was an unusual day there as usually it's 40-60ft on a good day ...

Easy to get a 90 minute safety stop there isn't it Al? (or a 2 -3 hr one for you and Jill lol)

Aloha, Tim

Hey Tim... isn't that the site you and Mark started from for your "trawling" adventure? You know... the one where there were two divers for bait at the end of a line being dragged behind a kayak?

yeah ... only that was in 90-110fsw ... usually we stay closer to shore where it's less than 40fsw... I think Mark learned what it feels like to be a kite that day :wink:

ppo2_diver:
Man, when I dove AB we didn't see much of anything than a sandy bottom. A few coral, but no eels or cudas. I guess I'm going to have to get back to Maui!!!
When you enter the water head right and you'll find plenty of coral and plenty of life. If you go straight out or left, it's and, I tried it :)

I just clicked on a webcam. It's snowing here so seeing a little sunshine is fantastic.

Man I wished they had a cam at Ulua. That place would put me in touch with plenty of people I know.

Sigh...great to see you guys when we were on island.

Our best vis day was last Wed at Ahihi Bay, just like an aquarium but not nearly as clear as your day at Airport beach...sigh again...

A camera at the Ulua shower/parking circle area would be great.

I think the main trouble with doing a webcam at Ulua is the risk of voyeurs monopolizing the bandwidth... the bikinifish are quite plentiful there usually!

KrisB:
I think the main trouble with doing a webcam at Ulua is the risk of voyeurs monopolizing the bandwidth... the bikinifish are quite plentiful there usually!

What if I promised to show up wearing a bikini, would that help the bandwidth????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom