Increase ATOM 2 Display contrast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquanutII

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the great fortune to borrow a friend's ATOM 2 for a trip to the keys next week. I am familiarizing myself with it but find the display difficult to view w/o reading glasses. I am wondering if there is a way to increase the contrast? :confused: it seems low especially with the screen protector in place. Couldn't find anything in the manual or searching the Forum about that setting.
Thanks
Mike

there isn't one

Did you get the plastic screen protector/magnifier?

You might want to look at it under water as you would diving. Day to day I wear trifocals but dive with contacts I can’t read well with. I could not begin to guess why, but I’ve absolutely no problem seeing the display or maneuvering it to do so when diving but not so well on the boat.

I just slap in those DiveOptx instant magnifiers - they work GREAT - get them at your LDS - I acctually take my scissors and cut them to the shape I want, or you can use as is - be sure to clean mask well before install and you must let them dry for a full 24 hours before use the mask to get them to stick properly. I have on pair that have been in for about two years and never come unstuck - that's with defog and all. Sure makes looking at gauge numbers a whole lot easier!!!

Thanks the DiveOptx worked good one side stayed put but the other kept falling out. I found the thick screen protector on the Atom 2 was milky causing the dim contrast but with it removed it looked much better (but unprotected). The atom came in very useful with multiple dives on the wreck of the Duane in Key Largo.
Mike

Thanks the DiveOptx worked good one side stayed put but the other kept falling out. I found the thick screen protector on the Atom 2 was milky causing the dim contrast but with it removed it looked much better (but unprotected). The atom came in very useful with multiple dives on the wreck of the Duane in Key Largo.
Mike

glad those worked for you - and yeah I think the protector makes things a little on the opaque side. My wife put the lenses in one time and didn't get the glass really clean or didn't let them dry for full 24 hours and had one fall out - I have had great luck with mine staying in with no problem - I got some oil free soap at grocery store and made sure the glass was really clean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom