Suggestion "In The News" posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I concur.
I found them highly irritating.

At First I found them irritating, but then I found some of the links in the threads pretty cool. What I would like to see is the bot list all the links from a certain day in a thread. That way the bot is only creating a new thread once a day and not spamming 20 threads at once.

Either way though I think it's a cool feature that was implemented and I thank the SB Staff/admins for taking the time to do so.

Matt

Ummm.... I have to agree with Ben and Kraken. :|

People continuously post about and ask for news so we have begun syndicating it for them. The forums are by no means required reading and you are entirely welcome to ignore them, just as you may ignore the DIR forum or the Women's View forum or any other forum. Unfortunately our bot is limited in how it can work and it is unable to pull threads into a daily summary; instead it looks for news from various feeds every hour and pulls a maximum of one new story each hour. Copyright laws forbid us from actually reprinting the articles so this is the best we can do.

I've disabled searching of that forum which will force people to go looking for the news while allowing those of you who don't care for it to be able to easily avoid it (the search powers the new posts feature thus if a forum isn't searchable it won't show up under new posts).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom