In My Underwear at the Boat Ramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Sunday at the local boat ramp, I saw a swimmer who was fatter than me. No time for a bathing suit, wetsuit, fins or much else. Just holding the GoPro in my hand.

I'm trying to learn the GoPro Software..and using their templates..

Phil Foster Park Boat Ramp

[video=youtube_share;xzkLfj1GyCE]http://youtu.be/xzkLfj1GyCE[/video]

I was almost afraid to look, but it is like the proverbial train wreck, ya know?

Thanks for not making the selfies more revealing :)

Cool shots.

We nearly got swamped while kayaking amongst those guys - those tails are powerful. You're braver than I am.

We nearly got swamped while kayaking amongst those guys - those tails are powerful. You're braver than I am.

They are typically extremely docile and gentle.. However - (I always have a story) they are pretty rough with sex. The males often throw the female up on the bank in shallow water and then several "go after" her. They also do it in deeper water.

Once I was witnessing a little orgy out in a extremely turbid canal. So (I grabbed a mask and swam out- on my lunch break in front of my buddies)...I got right into the mix and they were swimming and trwirling and there was like 5-6 all scraping me and each other... then one must have figured out I didn't belong and he? put his tail under my butt and basically THREW me up out of the water.. well at least more than half of my body was raised out and thrown. Scared the crap out of me, since the visibility was 6 inches.. but my buddies thought it was hilarious..

They are often very friendly, especially the young ones under 200 lbs or so.

A few minutes before we got swamped, we had had two swim up to the kayak and put their noses up on the side, for all the world as though they were hoping we would pet them. I think that's why we got too close to the second group!

They are typically extremely docile and gentle.. However - (I always have a story) they are pretty rough with sex. The males often throw the female up on the bank in shallow water and then several "go after" her. They also do it in deeper water.

Once I was witnessing a little orgy out in a extremely turbid canal. So (I grabbed a mask and swam out- on my lunch break in front of my buddies)...I got right into the mix and they were swimming and trwirling and there was like 5-6 all scraping me and each other... then one must have figured out I didn't belong and he? put his tail under my butt and basically THREW me up out of the water.. well at least more than half of my body was raised out and thrown. Scared the crap out of me, since the visibility was 6 inches.. but my buddies thought it was hilarious..

They are often very friendly, especially the young ones under 200 lbs or so.

I do a lot of seagrass monitoring work, which means a few close encounters of the sea cow kind. The funniest one was last fall up north of Cape Canaveral; I was standing in about 4 ft of water and as I was getting off my fins to swim to the next point (we were mapping grass beds and taking GPS positions at frequent intervals) I landed butt-first on top of a manatee that was swimming behind me. Given that I hadn't seen it coming (we had at most 6 inches of viz and it was an overcast day) and the day before our field team had spotted two gators following them around, there was quite a bit of loudly-spoken foul language.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom