In from the cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Greetings to all!

After having followed the rec.scuba newsgroup for quite a while (mostly as a lurker), I got tired of the flame wars and political grandstanding. Maybe this is the place to discuss diving!

I was certified (PADI OW) in 1999 in Oman, because my son (13 at the time) was very keen on learning how to dive. Since then, I have logged more dives than he has :wink:
We have also completed our training by following a CMAS P** course (Rescue equivalent) in the lake of Geneva, and a Nitrox course during a cruise in the Red Sea.

My son and I have dived all over the world, including Brazil, Bonaire, Egypt (many times), South Africa, Oman, the UAE, Southern France, California, Madeira, Thailand and Australia. Our next big trip will be this summer, to the wrecks of Bikini Atoll and the pristine reefs of Rongelap Atoll, in the Marshall Islands. Looking forward to that!

I dive regularly in the lake of Geneva, to keep up my skills and also as a technical challenge. The water is very cold (5 C at 30 m year round), and the visibility often minimal. There are some spectacular walls and a few very nice wrecks. And it is all within an hour's drive of our home.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow divers, and to share our experiences!

Victor J.

Howdy Victor!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

We have people complain about other members' attitudes and actions here, too. It's a membership conversation & debate forum, not a professional corportation, so - some people don't like it here, either. Hope you do...

don

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom