In Anilao, Arthur's place or Aquaventure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a trip to Anilao. Which of these dive resorts Arthur's place or Aquaventure is the better and why? Or is there another place?

Also, I will be in PG for 6 days and plan at least one day trip to Verde Island. Is Anilao worth going to while I am in the area of PG?

Or should I just skip going to Anilao altogether?

I have read good things about Anilao but others also suggest PG is much better?

What do you think?

Tough decision for you. I have stayed at AV many times as have my nephews and nieces.
AV has a good set up; showers, rinse tanks, lockers, rental gears, kayaks, gift shop (small), nice small bar, excellent restaurant with pretty decent food. they have access to quite a few boats/DM's.
Rooms are a bit on the small side, with only 2-3 rooms with an ocean view. they have a nice pool also. Prices are okay, but AC is an extra $6 day. It is quite during the week and you may be the only quest there, but come the weekend, full house and it gets crowded on the boats. This drives the cost down as you can share the cost of the boat and DM between everyone on the boat. It will cost a lot more during the week if you are diving alone because you pay for the whole boat/DM. Overall AV is a good place.
You might want to check out Planet Dive as they have shore diving right in front of the resort on a popular reef, twin rocks.
Arthurs is a very laid back place, very quite and won't provide many ammenties. I have never stayed there, but my cousins owns the house right next door and I can tell you if solitude is what you want, then Arthurs may be the way to go.
I will be heading over in April and staying at San Jose Dive Camp, which is in Anialo, but going to PG, small Lalaguna to spend a week also.
do both, PG has the night life and more variety of eats and may be a bit cheaper for the diving.
Have fun

I am going to PG for about 6 days, first. While I am at PG I am going to Verde Island, I have heard this is a great day trip, the Diving at Verede is great.

I thought while I was in the area, I would dive Anilao too. Is there any nightlife around Anilao? Sounds like I need to pass on Arthurs..... I will check into Planet Dive as you suggested.

Thanks.

Last edited:
that is good to know.........thanks.

I will bring it with me then.

The resorts in Anialo are spaced out far and you can not easily walk between them. Zero night life, except sitting on the deck watching stars and drinking SMB. Not saying Arthurs is a bad place, it is a very nice place for a family or group that wants peace and quiet.
Also, check Balai, they have a pretty nice set up.
Check a couple of my pictures for Planet dive.

Back
Top Bottom