Important!: Mathematics of Scuba Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
Ooohhhh, i know this one, total length 5ft, enough to give him a bit of elasticity, but she needs some in there to tie a securing knot at the ceiling and a noose at the end, otherwise i would say maximum clear length 3' which is just short enough that he cant touch the floor on tip toes and can "bounce" a bit on the rope's elasticity. Of course if he spends just a little over $2k on a nice vacation for her with the girls or jewelry then this situation may not occur :wink:

Simon, don't forget to add 1.5 ft of rope for the hangman's noose (13 rounds for the knot), providing you want to break the neck and not just strangle them.

wilson_12:
Hey everybody, I am doing a project for my math class about the mathematics of scuba diving, but the thing is that I'm new to scuba diving don't have a great knowledge of it.
Can you guys tell me about how math is involved in scuba diving? How does math tie in with scuba diving? This is very important, and if I could get this info as soon as possible that'd be great! Thanks very much!

i did an extra credit project on diving for physics, and i used mostly pressure, PO2, used some narcosis stuff and how the pressure effects nitrogen/oxygen at depth...you can use stuff on the atmospheres, like for every 33 feet is one atmosphere and you use/absorb double the amount of gas

Ok, I teach Math and Statistics at a local college part time. Got my Masters from New Mexico Tech in 87. I am also a SCUBA Instructor (IANTD). What level of Math and what level of SCUBA are we talking about. Also how much time do you have? There a lot of interesting math topics in SCUBA. What you read above are all true (the physics topics).

This can be FUN! :admin:

Check out your ideal gas laws, Boyle's law, Dalton's Law, etc. Very simple stuff.

Hi there , My daughter did a similar sounding project , a good resource for you to get would be to go to your local dive shop and pick up the encyclopedia of recreational diving ! it is also on cd it has a lot of info in it ! Good luck , scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom