iMovie Color+Exposure Correction Sequence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkhilario

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am sure this has been asked and answered somewhere. First, what are some standard tips and second, what sequence are they applied?

What is the most efficient approach to doing iMovie color & exposure corrections? Do you check the WB first or bump up the contrast or drop the exposure or..

My approach is rather haphazard up to this point, with a lot of going back and forth.

Tips, or links to tips, would be much appreciated. :coffee:

iMovie's color correction/wb really isn't that good. I shoot in protune with wb set to RAW and do WB and color correction in the free cineform studio app that gopro throws out there. I export that to a .mov and then import that file into iMovie where all that's left is basically editing.

Well I am stuck with a Hero2 (and SRP red filter), so no raw WB option unfortunately.

Any tips on adjusting levels on histogram control or color gain sliders? Do you typically bump up the contrast also?

I am not convinced that Cineform is necessarily worth the extra work when using the Hero2.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom