Question IMASUB Underwater Photography Contest in Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone here has any firsthand information on the IMASUB Underwater Photography Contest in Cuba?

Is this a legitimate u/w photo competition?

Are participants big names in U/W photography?

Is competition strong in the competition?

What is diving in the area of the competition like in terms of visibility, marine life, temperature/thermal protection required, etc.?

Can one go to the location a week or two ahead of the competition to dive and scout the area?

Any other information please.

I have tried to look up information on Google but it is mostly in Spanish and doesn't seem to give enough information.

I haven't heard about this contest, but I know that in october the CMAS world championships are held in Cuba. But that is a different competion I think.

Cuba is not very popular at the moment for people from Europe. And as the World Championships are also held there, I guess that the more wellknown photographers will go there and not to this competition.

I haven't heard about this contest, but I know that in october the CMAS world championships are held in Cuba. But that is a different competion I think.

Cuba is not very popular at the moment for people from Europe. And as the World Championships are also held there, I guess that the more wellknown photographers will go there and not to this competition.

Thank you.

I know this is an old thread but I just found it. If any one needs information about the IMASUB underwater photography competition held in Cuba every year I can gladly help with that. I have been participating in this event for many years now and going back next July.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom