Image theft... what do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I understand it is not legal. I think the point he is making, is that there are many laws on the books (down to what you do in your BR), that people ignore, in reality.

You can preach the morality and the law all day, but if it is happening...are your opinions very relavent? It is not personal (I don't take images), but at some point to post them without a logo through the middle, like Mike's, is just very naive. And to then whine, and complain bitterly about the morality of it. It strikes me as silly. Especially, if you are reluctant to call the guy.

And by the way...it isn't "the law" that makes me not take images. And unless you have never burned a movie, and ignored the big FBI warning, then... focus on practical ways to deter a person from taking your work.

So...question: Are the people here who are citing the law really saying they have not burned a friend's movie?

Wow, I don't think anyone was whining and complaigning bitterly. Sure people's opinions are relevant. Talk about being naive. It's naive to think they aren't. That's how things get changed.Laws are created and changed because of people's opinions, their morals. Laws that some will ignore, but hopefully, many will follow.

It's called education. This thread has been educational. Maybe that will change people's opinions on both sides of the issue. So that makes ALL of these opinions relevant, even the so-called whiners.

For the record, I don't STEAL other people's movies, music, images etc.

Back
Top Bottom