Image stabilization

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Do any of the Sealife line of cameras have Image stabilization capabilities? I can't hold still above the water let alone under. I'm looking at a DC800 or 1000.

Thanks,
JEff

Reading the DC1000 Camera Manual I found the following note: "The underwater modes already have a built-in anti-shake mode which is programmed into the cameras software"

It seem that it is a software based image stablization feature instead of an optical IS.... maybe Sealife Joe can clarify this.

best regards,
Brino!

This is true. There are a couple of different methods for Image stabilization / Anti Shake. The most common and least expensive is in the programming of the camera to increase the shutter speed to stop blur.

In our U/W modes we address the blur by increasing the shutter speeds to leesen the chance of movement. However if one decides to do the "twist" underwater while trying to take a picture....then it might be tough!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom