Image Management Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi fellow snappers

I just want to have some opinions on different image management packages so that I can start really managing all my digital pics.

What can you recommend and why. I know people are as passionate about software as they are about cars (and cameras), but just ssome humble opinions would be appreciated.

Currenty I use Ulead Photo Explorer and am looking for something a little more sophisticated and did have my eye on Extensis Portfolio.

Thanks
Siimon

sbloomer:
Currenty I use Ulead Photo Explorer and am looking for something a little more sophisticated and did have my eye on Extensis Portfolio.

Thanks
Siimon
Aloha!
I have extensis portfolio and am very happy with it. I only DL the processed photos to the software and have everything by date...someday when I have time (like that's gonna happen...lol) I'll add some data that will make searching easier.
Aloha, Lisa

Are you running a PC or a MAC? I've seen iPhoto on MAC's and its pretty good...
On a PC if you have Office, there is a picture manager in there but I haven't really used it much so I don't know how good it is in terms of organizing and filing your photos...

PC

BreezeBrowser at http://www.breezesys.com

I shoot 95% of my stuff in RAW and this software will batch process them all. Batch renaming base on EXIF data, contact sheets and other stuff. Download the demo and try it

BTW take a look at the Downloader software as well

Mac

iViewMediaPro!!!

I have used ACDSee for several years to manage my photos. I find it to be an extremely intuitive and powerful image manager. You can download a free 30 day trial from almost any freeware site or www.acdsystems.com. It is worth the look.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom