I'm ready to DIR.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmc4x4

Contributor
Reaction score
So I am ready to do it right and wanted to know of a good resource in the Dallas area. I know I will be replace almost all of my gear but I would like to get into Tech for some deeper and longer dives. I'm not sure if I really want to do caves but wrecks kind of interest me because I am huge history buff. So help me out guys and get me pointed in the right DIRection :eyebrow:. That was awful sorry for that.

Whether you decide to pursue all your training with GUE or not, I am sure you will not be unhappy with the decision to improve your skills, learn about an efficient and streamlined gear configuration, and learn about the team diving ethos. I can't help with what the best local resources are to Dallas, but Scubaboard is very good at that sort of thing. If you don't get the answers you need here, you can join GUE and post your request on the Quest BB.

the first thing I'd do would be to head over to www.gue.com

You can find all sorts of information there, as well as the schedule (with locations) of upcoming classes. You may have to register/login to see the schedule, but it's free and IIRC you can leave an awful lot of the fields blank until you're actually signing up for a class.

I'm about six weeks out of my Fundamentals class and I couldn't be happier with the insights I've gained and the changes to my diving.

Good luck and have lots of (good safe) fun,

Adam

How about signing up for the DIR-Fundamentals class? If you can track one down that you can get to, it would be invaluable.

You might actually want to retitle your thread, or start another one entitled, "Looking for DIR divers/resources in the Dallas area". Might get you more of what you want.

In the meantime, spend some energy poking around the GUE website and reading the articles. There's a lot of good information there. Order JJ's book, The Fundamental of Better Diving, and Mackay's book, Dress for Success. But the biggest thing is to connect with some DIR divers and DIVE with them. When you see the system in use, and begin to be included in the team operation, you really begin to understand the allure of the approach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom