I'm probably overthinking this but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I vote yellow for visibility. Not only if you drop it, but easier to find the small things in your bag of mostly back gear if they've got some color.

Just don't show up to a gun fight no matter how big your knife is:wink:

Things I have found that attract sealife:

Urine
I think an explanation is needed. Remembering back to watching some medicine man movie where they explained to the white woman that if she pees in the water the little catfish will swim in and get stuck...OUCH

I'm getting the wenoka "big squeeze" knife and I'm trying to decide between the one with the black squeezy things or the the one with the yellow squeezy things. My thinking is that the yellow would be better due to the higher visibility if it's dropped, but I'm wondering if a black dive knife with yellow stripes could be mistaken for a fish and therefore increase the risk of a shark attack. I know shark attacks are super rare and all that, still I'm wondering what you guys think?

P.S. Don't lecture me about getting a big dive knife :D

I seriously doubt that there is any correlation that could be made between the color of a knife handle and shark attacks. I don't even buy into the "yum yum" yellow foolishness. You are much more likely to be run over by a boat or a jet ski because your are wearing dumb dumb black than eaten by a shark because you are wearing yum yum yellow.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom