I'm new to this forum - Hi there!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottishscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and thought it was only polite to say hi.

I'm based in Scotland and although I have my drysuit speciality, I've yet to use it! Its just too darned cold way up here. I prefer to dive in warm water!
I've just returned from a diving holiday to the Philippines where we dived in Sabang and Subic Bay and where I also gained my Enriched Air qualification :) I've just booked a trip to Dahab in February too.
I've been certified for a long time but didnt dive for 7 years due to a bad scare, I've finally found my water wings again and am totally HOOKED.

I only get to dive a couple of times a year but when I do I love it. Maybe I should brush off that drysuit qual card and give it a go again?

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Glad to see you back in the sport & Hooked.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Bad scare? Hope it doesn't come back and haunt you. It helps to talk things out, like on our Near Misses page in Accidents.

Hello and welcome.

As with so many outdoor pursuits in Scotland the correct equipment makes all the difference to staying warm and comfortable.

Some of the best diving in the world is on your doorstep.

Welcome to the board.

I like you dive dry here at home Ontario, Canada for most of the year. Last dive water was 2C 37F and the air was -18C -4F I am blessed with summer weather and water for a couple months water can be 23C 75F on a sunny 27C 85F day. Oh how I miss summer..

Welcome to the board.

I like you dive dry here at home Ontario, Canada for most of the year. Last dive water was 2C 37F and the air was -18C -4F I am blessed with summer weather and water for a couple months water can be 23C 75F on a sunny 27C 85F day. Oh how I miss summer..

That's the one problem with Scottish weather. Whilst it's never really cold enough to kill you it's also never really warm enough to thrill you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom