I'm new I know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks all of you!!!!!!! yall all are very helpful, and the techenical support i was talking about was helping with the under water equiptment, submarines, cameras, and all that jazz, and thanks for the advise i am earning money right now to get scuba equiptment! :blinking::cool3::amazed::banana:

I'm not the most qualified person to answer, but since no one else has I checked my agency's (NAUI) website and they state that 10 years old is the minimum age to get a junior scuba certification card. Fifteen is the minimum for a standard certification.

I think that it is great that you are interested in doing marine biology. I minored in natural biology at North Greenville University in SC. My mother in law volunteers with the Soth Carolina state aquarium and I know that they were looking for experienced diver to intern with them for habitat research a dew weeks ago. I am sure that they would be doing something like that again when you are ready to dive in. Best of luck in your endevors.

-Jeremy

Last edited:
You might want to check out the Planetary Coral Reef Foundation - they have an ongoing (something like 14 years now) at-sea research project, and I know they do have some sort of on-board educational program, I think 9 month stints on the research vessel. And they are super nice people.

::planetary Coral Reef Foundation:: PCRF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom