I'm new here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darrentodd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi my name is "Todd" im getting back into diving after a seven year absence, saying that I did dive in pool acouple of weeks ago to get the "feel" of my gear again which is still in really good condition after being stored for seven years!. I became a certified Diver in 1997 an followed the normal prgresion through the PADI courses to the level of rescue diver.

Last edited:
:admingreet:

Hi,

My name is Tracey and I wish to thank all for the warm welcome.

I am from England and do most of my diving in the Red Sea or the Caribbean.

Although I learned to dive in the UK with Dry Suit, I quickly appreciated the warmer diving in the warmer zones and the freedom of a wetsuit.

I am, I suppose, a holiday diver.

May all your air be pure.

Tracey

welcome both of you.

Tracey, im UK as well, and drysuit diving is horrid!!

Hi 'Diveshark'

Thanks for the welcome.

Did you learn in the UK with Drysuits?

Where do you tend to dive?

Tracey

I dive in a few places, Stoney cove, and a few sea dives. (cornwall, plymouth, portsmouth, Farne)
Dostill and wraysbury as well.

Yes i learned to dive with a drysuit here in the uk, and i only use one for winter dives when the water temp drops below 10 degrees. Remember that the surface to 6m temp may be 12degrees but the thermocline over here in the uk can drop drastically!

For instance, i dived stoney a few weekends ago doing someones Deep speciality, and surface was 18deg, 10m 15 deg, 22m 12 deg and at the bottom of the pit at 35m was 10 degrees!

Welcome to the board!!! Lots of good informtion here.... enjoy

Back
Top Bottom