I'm looking for a dive buddy/buddies for Beaver Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have been posting for the last few months on this board, trying to figure out how the diving is out here before I moved from San Diego. Well, here I am, and I'm looking for some buddies to go diving (my fiancé doesn't even toe the water). I dove Beaver Lake this last weekend with an Arkansas Game and Fish educational program, so I kinda know where to go. As far as being a buddy, I won't be a drag. I have more than 1000 logged dives and I am an instructor, I have all my own gear and tanks and stuff, plus all my friends think I'm a pretty nice guy and fun to hang out with. So, after all that sales pitch, if there's anyone who wouldn't mind someone to tag along, I would love to get diving on the weekends!
-Lou

~~I can't post url's quite yet (not enough posts on the board i guess), so here's my email address in a non url format. It is louhirsch, at symbol, gmail dot com. Hope thats not too confusing. Thanks! L

Welcome to the Midwest. If you have been following this forum and other midwest forums, you probably know that the diving is a little down this year due to the floods we had in the spring. Beaver lake is a great dive, but I haven't heard much this year. The floods have knocked the viz down rediculously, but things are starting to turn around.

Can't help out much on the dive buddy, I live about 6 hours North of Beaver. Just wanted to say welcome.

Snagel

I'm trying to get as much wet time as possible but I don't know if we would be a good match since you can count my open water dives on one hand. I'm in Manhattan, Kansas I just complete my open water on the end of Jul and one trip to Beaver first week of Aug and another one coming up on the 20 and 21 Sept. with my dive instructor. I'm 59 years young and in fair shape and eager to learn - not worried about cards more worried about gaining knowledge and having fun. So keep me in mind!

My girlfriend and I are headed down to beaver this weekend for some diving. Were probably going to just hang around C&J Sports till we can muster up some other divers to go out. If you head down there this weekend, look up C&J, theres always something happeing there for divers. hit me up with a PM if you want any more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom