I'm grounded for 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was playing tag today with my son in one of those skateboard parks with the rounded walls while I we were waiting for my wife to meet up with us ...

... in the rain :no:

... and there was nobody there to say to me, "Mr. Turner, I know you're not going to understand this... but those walls get *slippery* when it rains."...

... and sure enough. I slipped and fell, but because of the shape of the wall, the first thing that hit the ground was my head.

... I got it split open along the right eyebrow for about 2,5-3cm . Obviously all the blood freaked the bejezus out of my kid but fortunately for me there was a sporting event happening (that's why we were there) and there was a first-aid post nearby.

... got it patched up at the first-aid and then headed to the emergency to get it stitched. As it turned out they didn't stitch it but they "glued" it, for lack of a better term, back together.

... but this stuff can't get wet so I'm now dry until it falls off. Probably at week to 10 days....

Bugger. :shakehead:

Well did you learn anything; or more importantly (being a father myself) can you teach your son any lessons from this?

Don't get old and slow?

I didn't even manage to tag him in the process....

R..

i'm glad you're not hurt worse, rob, though being dry will suck.

Yeah me too, Marci. Waiting around in an emergency room for a couple of hours is a real eye opener....

At one point a young man in his teens sat down next to me with (probably) a broken arm. he was playing field hockey and they made a splint out of his stick (which is why I know he was playing field hockey...)

I said to him, "Broken?"

he said "Probably"

I said, "Did you win?"

he said "yeah, it was 7-0 when I left".

I said, "Then it was worth it"

We both had a laugh and his mother just looked at me with this look like .... "pfffff Men!"

he he. :)

The glue will probably be off in about five or six days. Hopefully the weather will be rotten enough that you won't mind not diving :)

Glad you weren't hurt any worse Rob.

And hey the bight side , You were spending quality time with you son and having a good time, Though we parents can get carried away I guess!:D

Back
Top Bottom