I'm getting this quality with a Gopro 5. Can a Gopro 6 improve on it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there something about the same price than a GoPro but better than a GoPro ?

Nope...for bang for the buck, GoPro is the way to go!

For photo, and even more for video, the law of diminishing returns is extremely valid. Remember the 80/20 rule (AKA the Pareto principle): the first 80% of the result costs you 20%. The remaining 20% of the result will cost you the last 80% of the investment.

I come from stills photography, but have bought a GoPro 4 Silver. And given my background, IMNSHO GoPro optics are low-grade. For me, that's quite ok. I prefer to spend my time and money getting my stills as good as possible, but I've resigned to getting - at best - mediocre (both technically and artistically) videos. If I really wanted top class video, I'd ditch my stills kit and put all my effort into a good video camera and equally good video lights. Plus, of course, good video editing software and the time needed to master good video editing.

TANSTAAFL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom