I'm designing an app for divers - help, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm working on a weather app for water sports enthusiasts (targeting divers, surfers and sailors in particular). Could you please help me by filling out this 5-minute survey? It's entirely anonymous and I won't ask you to share any personal data.

Here's the link to the survey (Google Forms): https://forms.gle/Aium4nFjz6v9gmf16

Also, if you have some time, please feel free to post in this thread about the weather apps that you use, which features you enjoy and what could be improved (or any thoughts relevant to the survey's content).

Every little bit would help this UX designer :)

Thanks so much for your help!

I've answered it, but I fail to see how the info will help you.
And you do not mention tides or tidal currents...maybe not "weather" in your semantics, but clearly part of the environmental description that is needed by ocean users.

I responded. To touch upon @tursiops mentioning tides/tidal currents, moon phases, precipitation likelihood, hourly forecasts, and monthly averages are also nice to know, with the monthly averages great for planning a dive trip.

I've answered it, but I fail to see how the info will help you.
Thank you, @tursiops! I'm not a diver, so am bound to miss something :) Your input is very helpful. What type of questions do you think I should be asking instead?

Tidal currents are very important indeed! I included wave conditions but that's not all there's to it.

I responded. To touch upon @tursiops mentioning tides/tidal currents, moon phases, precipitation likelihood, hourly forecasts, and monthly averages are also nice to know, with the monthly averages great for planning a dive trip.
Thanks so much, @outofofficebrb! These were all on my list, except for monthly averages. Are these important because you plan your trips so far in advance?
Also, would an offline mode with a way to download forecasts beforehand be useful?

I'm in Walnut Creek, btw, so we're practically neighbors :)

Thanks so much, @outofofficebrb! These were all on my list, except for monthly averages. Are these important because you plan your trips so far in advance?
Also, would an offline mode with a way to download forecasts beforehand be useful?

I'm in Walnut Creek, btw, so we're practically neighbors :)

Yes, regarding monthly averages for temps/precipitation (lows and highs). I grew up in Fremont and now live in Marin. WC is a great place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom