I'm bummed out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tlawler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I had a good dive at Venice this morning, but I lost my faithful dive companion of 10 years...no one drowned or anything...I lost my Citizen Aqualand somewhere around the surfline or just out from there at Alhambra. Spent a few minutes looking for it just after I noticed it was gone and some more on my way back in. So if anyone happens to find it, I'll give them a $100 reward for it. It's pretty banged up and has an olive drab velcro band...probably not worth the c-note, but it has sentimental value to me...been around the world with me, quite literally.

ahhh...sorry bout that.

make some new memories, that is the only advice I can offer.

I know what you mean, I guess. JB gave me the Titanium Stinger for my b-day and I have not used it once because I have a relationship with my stainless one...had good luck, etc.

OMG! I was just in Port Charlotte at the hospice there a few months ago. Off topic, but the most beautiful luxurious hospice house I have ever seen. Wonderful staff...hey, at least it was just a watch, right?

catherine96821:
OMG! I was just in Port Charlotte at the hospice there a few months ago. Off topic, but the most beautiful luxurious hospice house I have ever seen. Wonderful staff...hey, at least it was just a watch, right?
And the queen of hijack strikes again!!!!:lol: :lol:
I have to admit, I've never seen a nice, "luxurious" hospice facility. If something happens, maybe I'll have to look into that. Of course I wouldn't ever be able to afford it, but I can always look at the brochures.

Back on topic, I believe a burial at sea is appropriate, especially at the ripe ol' age of ten. Good excuse to go buy yourself something new!:D

Man, I wish I could get out there tomorrow and look for it. I'll be there next weekend, though, and will keep my eyes peeled and ask around.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys. I realize a burial at sea is appropriate due to it's long and distinguished service. I just hate losing things...but, now I get to go buy a new one:)

On a lighter note, I did get to meet a couple SB's I hadn't met yet. I met Cooltech's son, Liltech, a very polite young lad who offered to help me look for my missing watch. And I met bdrannik later on at the beach park when I stopped by to rinse my gear off.

I also saw a neat little creature I'd never seen before. It looked very much like an inch long spider. At first I thought it was a wisp of seaweed, but then realized it was walking. Maybe someone can identify it.(assuming my pictures upload ok)
img3968qd1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

I guess I can only get one per post. Here's the other one.
img3966sg9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Had another good dive today. Vis was down a little, maybe 4 to 5 ft. at depth. Looked again for my watch, but to no avail. Now that I made a concerted effort of searching, I feel better about shopping for a replacement.

Met some more SB'ers...spschneer, Cooltech, Lil tech, and Walter.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom