Im back!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cant say that I missed you, but that might be because I was off on a trip of my own. Welcome back anyway tho!

So, how was your trip?????

JamesK once bubbled...
So, how was your trip?????

Fabulous, thanks for asking!

I thought about posting a trip report, but decided it may not be a good idea. We did several dives that were very challenging in different ways and most of our diving was done from shore. My parents are originally from the island (Cayman Islands) and I have visited it on numerous occasions, so my familiarity with it allowed us to dive spots that most people don't even know are accessible. Also, since the wall is accessible with a short surface swim from numerous dive spots I didn't want to encourage anyone less experienced to get in over their heads so to speak.

As far as highlights go, we spent 12 days there. We did a total of 22 dives, and total depth of all dives totaling 2444 feet. That works out to an avg depth of 111 feet per dive, and we had an average dive time of one hour. Not too shabby for a buncha Texas Swamp Divers!

12 days, 22 dives......well yeah it must be nice!!:blahblah: :implode: ( just a little envious!)

MissAmberDiva once bubbled...

Uh, can you say---JEALOUS?!?!:eek:ut: Yep, that's me, totally green with envy!

-Amber

Well then you shoulda come with us, we had plenty of room!

We had so much fun we are planning to do it again next year. 2003 marks the 500th anniversary for the Cayman Islands, so there is supposed to be a year long celebration with different activites every month. We are already discussing October of next year as a potential date. Pirates week (a local heritage type festival) occurs around the last weekend of Oct and offers a great opportunity to indulge in some of the local customs, especially the 'authentic' island food (yummmm).

I am also debating going back in December to take a GUE Tech 1 course from Ocean frontiers. Might be a little to close to Christmas to be spending all that money tho...

Sounds great! Lucky dog. I only got 9 dives in on my trip! :upset: :eek:ut:

Back
Top Bottom