I'm a Diveheart Volunteer: What's your Super Power???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the club my friend. Been 7 or so years with Diveheart. I remember when "Adaptive Diving" meant the diver had to rethink things. Now I know it is the instructor who has to change. Hope you have many more similar encounters. You give a little and are rewarded with a lot.

Last edited:
Post it up when you do: this was way fun.

Couldn't upload it here inline so I just added the link to my previous post.

Scuba is sometimes such as "macho" sport, it was really awesome watching people focus on the important stuff that scuba diving should be all about: having fun!

I think this is the moment that really made the day magical for me. This girl was so excited to swim with a mermaid!

Scuba is sometimes such as "macho" sport, it was really awesome watching people focus on the important stuff that scuba diving should be all about: having fun!

I think this is the moment that really made the day magical for me. This girl was so excited to swim with a mermaid!

Every time I see this picture it brings a big fat smile to my face... She was sooooo funny!
"Can you get me the mermaid tail? Momma, get it now please!

p73078290-3.jpg
the volunteers approach each person uniquely to find the right way to help them have the most fun.

And fun they had!
p12188541-3.jpg

Love the thumbnail :)

[video=youtube;PbGhWtFANVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbGhWtFANVU[/video]

Had another great day helping out with Diveheart this past Saturday!

Here are a couple of pictures one of the therapists in attendance shared with me:

DSCF4421.jpgDSCF4454.jpgDSCF4456.jpgDSCF4469.jpg
DSCF4445.jpg

Pete, notice how J.C. stole a page from my book and started to teach without fins and amazingly enough... His assistant didn't bailed on him!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom