iles Medes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We will be diving the Medes Islands in June and are wondering if anyone has opinions on the local operators; Sirena versus El Rey del Mar?

Thanks

We will be diving the Medes Islands in June and are wondering if anyone has opinions on the local operators; Sirena versus El Rey del Mar?

Thanks
In 2009 I spent an excellent diving week with El Rey del Mar.
They have very nice facilities with suit dryers, big boats with lots of room to don the equipment and hydraulic elevators to get you out of the water (I am not kidding, it might be decadent but one can get used to it); also the Panorama Hotel was quite okay for a 3*, cheap, clean and with good food.
You can arrange for diving/lodging packages, the staff is very helpful.
I do recommend it.

Me too. I have especially liked the heated drying rooms for the suits, you enjoy putting on something dry.

Thanks for the feedback. I am usually a beach diver, so I can be spoiled a bet with the lift while on vacation. ;-)

La Sirena also has the hydraulic lifts to get you out of the water. These two dive centres are two of the larger (if not largest) in L'Estartit, and can carry upwards of 25 divers. There are smaller boats that take out less divers (12 or so) but they don't have all the luxuries that La Sirena and El Rey have both on the boat or in the centre. I've been out on La Sirena a fair few times, the centre doesn't have heated drying rooms for the suits but the crew and boat are nice. BUT If I had to recommend one boat over all the boats leaving the Medas, I would recommend Aquatica (AQUÀTICA. Submarinisme. Submarinismo. Buceo. Plongée. Diving. Tauchen. Duiken.). It is a smaller boat (converted fishing trawler) without all the add ons, (meaning less people!) but the divemasters, instructors and boat captains are fantastic. Just my 2cents :)

P.S Forgot to mention that Aquatica is located on a camping/caravan park and opposite a hotel that I would suppose is similar to the Panorama Hotel.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom