ikelite wiring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan swain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi im doing my Dive master in Thailand and and taking as many photos as i can along the way but im having trouble with my housing its an ikelite D80 housing. Its been playing up for a while but i have been able to manage with it but now its totally gone im pretty sure it the chip board and hot shoe that are at fault. I have been in touch with ikelite but the want me to send it back and i really don't want to the postage is so hit and miss here and its going take 6_8 weeks. So i'm wondering if i can get a chip board i can fix it myself but will it have to be off a D80 housing or will any chip board do?? And dose anyone know where i can get one??

Many thanks Dan

The sure way to get this corrected is to send it off to ikelite..you may be able to get use out of it by using an ikelite EVcontroller to fire the strobe. Are you sure that the hot shoe connector is all the way on? Sometimes it may require a good push on to be sure all contacts are in place. I would check that and also check th sync cord before looking at the housing electronics.

Back
Top Bottom