ikelite TTL - chipped?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sepia

Registered
Reaction score
Hey...

I just got an ikelite DS-125 with the TTL slave sensor. It's only just come out of the packaging. There appears to be a chip in the TTL sensor just above the o-ring on the plastic see through seal. Is this something to be concerned about?? Is this area supposed to be sealed or is the inner ring the actual seal?

Thanks for your time!!

Emily

Can you take a photo to show us? Have you called Ikelite?

Emily.....attached is a photo of mine ..... never had a problem with it ..... plus I highly doubt Ikelite would send it if it was a true chip in that lens. I think it is merely from the manufacturing process. If I'm not mistaken everything that comes out of Ikelite is pressure tested to the products rated depth.

Ike from Ikelite is on this board on occasion and I'm sure will clear any of this up for you. If you feel the need I would not hesitate to call/email them .... they are fantastic to deal with.

My Ikelite TTL sensor also has the same thing that Finesse showed on his picture. Already used it on 40+ dives with no problem so far. It looked like a little indentation on the plastic rather than a chip. If that is the case with yours then I would not worry.

Mark in question is the "gate" where plastic enters the mold. Molders have always had trouble making this lens look sophisticated. The outside "O" ring touching the lens is strictly decoration and has nothing to do with waterproof integrity.

ike is right with the coments of mould marks.
I'm plastic moulder by trade and by looking at the attachment supplied above, it clearly indicates a mould gate in which the molten plastic feeds through during the moulding process.

Thanks everyone!

The chip I was referring to looks similar to that on Finesses pic.... so it must be just a feature of the mould.

Cheers,

Emily

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom