Ikelite Tray & PT-015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does anyone (else) have problems with the mounting of the housing to the Ikelite tray?

It seems that my housing twists on the tray very easily. I've tried tightening up the mounting screw as tight as possible by hand, which is a bit of a feat in itself with the weedy nurled bolt, but it always seems to still twist around during the dive.

I've made sure that the mounting lugs at the back of the housing line up correctly but it still seems to happen on every dive.

Does anyone else have that problem, and if so have you found a solution?

Cheers

Paul

There's a problem with the Ike tray/PT-15 combo, just what exactly I'm not sure. Ike sells an adapter for $20 but others say they have fixed it with a trip to Home Depot.

I'm sure someone who knows more specifics will chime in.

I received a PT-015 tray from Ikelite by mistake. As I remember, it had two pieces of rubber mounted on top of the tray. I expect its meant to act as a cushion and "friction pad" to keep the housing from twisting.

Just a guess.

Karl

The above posts refer to our dual handle tray. We now have a new second piece that installs on the single handle tray to trap the housing feet between the two pieces, preventing any rotation even if the mounting bolt loosens. Then we have a new mounting bolt with a larger head diameter and a coin slot for easier tightening. E-mail your shipping address and we will send.

ike@ikelite.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom