Ikelite Super 8 RCD Dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all:

Just bought the ikelite super 8 RCD } 15 watt {non rechargable dive light.

Was wondering if there are any other divers that use this torch and was wondering if i could get some views, pro & cons & $ ect.

I notice it is a little heavy & bulky but packs a very bright light. I like the feel of this light when holding it . No problems their.

I see it ranks "top picks" in Dec edition of rodale scuba dive magizine.
Can't wait to try it. :bounce:

good luck & save diving.

Sam

I don't own one, but I have seen and used one. On a night dive someone who joined us had one. It was big and bright.

Like most Ikelites it has a very narrow beam and very poor beam quality (lots of artifacts and shadows in the beam). The tight focus does yield a very bright beam - above water it out threw my LC100 HID hands down, but in the water it gives you tunnel vision. Under water the LC has a wider, smoother, and better penetrating beam (then again, the replacement lamp for the LC costs more than the entire RCD).

On the plus side, the light color is good for a Halogen, and lamp life and run time are respectable. The light is also very easy to use (I like the open/close lever and battery carrier; wish the LC had that), and Ikes are typically very well made and durable.

With a bit a diffusion to spread and smooth out the beam it should be a very nice light.

Back
Top Bottom