Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezero

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey has anyone done business with these guys? I ordered a new housing for the high def in Nov 11, 2005 and still havent got it, mind you I ordered it through a shop so maybe its there fault but let me know, could be casue its a new model, but let me know if youve had any similar experience!

Ikelite is always fantastic and would keep you up to date with any delays.

I'd talk to your shop and find out the gos. If they can't/won't give you straight answers, email Ike and find out direct from the horse's mouth.

My D70 housing was on B.O for 1 1/2 months
But I got it this week:D :D
I did make a couple of calls to them

divezero:
Hey has anyone done business with these guys? I ordered a new housing for the high def in Nov 11, 2005 and still havent got it, mind you I ordered it through a shop so maybe its there fault but let me know, could be casue its a new model, but let me know if youve had any similar experience!

Ike has amazing service. Whenever I've dealt with them, it's always been prompt and courteous. I had a minor flooding issue with my D70 housing a few weeks back. Sent it back to Ike for some servicing. They received it Feb 2. They sent it back via USPS Feb 3. Just received it back a couple of days ago. Too bad I can't say the same about USPS, though.....

I find Ike very responsive. They have helped me over the phone as well as through email.

I'd talk to your shop and have them make a direct call and find out what's going on.

Sometimes housings are back ordered. Popular ones can take a while if you happen to order at the wrong time. But ordered in November?? Your shop is dropping the ball if they haven't explained this to you cuz they would have been told when it was ordered that it would be a while and a target date. If they haven't told you by now, I would call or email Ikelite direct and see if this is right. Ikelite will be honest with you - guaranteed. If they say that it makes sense that you ordered in Nov and still don't have it, then you will know when to expect it. But I wouldn't put much stock in your LDS's customer service. OTOH, if Ikelite tells you they are in stock and have been, I would order from another dealer and cancel the one with your LDS.

I would definately talk to the dive shop you ordered it through. Ikelite has some of the best customer service in the industry. I know the HC1 housings are new and there very likely could be a backorder due to the popularity. All of the manufacturers have had them backordered at some time or another. But your dive shop should be keeping you properly informed with status as they follow up with Ike. If they give you the run around, id take the advice of Tortuga and cancel with them and order from another reputable source.

DiveZero...I put in a quick call to Ikelite for you. They are backordered and have been for a while. They expect to start shipping next Tuesday but there is quite a list. So your placement on that list will determine how much longer, but expect it soon.

I would have a serious talk with your LDS about their follow through.

Back
Top Bottom