Ikelite Housing Zoom Acuator Arm Too Short???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffcali

Registered
Reaction score
I just received my new Ikelite housing and installed the C5050 camera into it, to find out that the zoom acuator arm is too short. The triangle piece of plastic sits just on top of the zoom knob, barely touching it. Shouldn't it be right in front of the knob, and then simply turned left or right to use that function?

What's the deal here? Out of all the functions to not work, and it has to be the zoom...

Has anybody else ran into this problem? And if so, how is it fixed? Do you have to send the housing back in to get another shaft installed?

I sure hope there's a simple solution to this, as I'm heading to Belize at the end of May and need to get some practice in before I go.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Go to the source.....email Ike. He'll be more than happy to help you, his custome service is infamous.

Dee,

Thanks,

Done that...waiting for a reply. Thought maybe I'd get a quicker reply here.

Thanks again,

Jeff

I don't have any of Ike's housings but I've never heard of this problem...that doesn't really mean alot, though. :crafty:

Jeff,

I just measured the shaft from the top of the knob to the bottom of the screw holding the triangular piece of plastic. It is about 2 inches on my 5050 Ikelite housing. When I lift the knob, 1/2 inch of shaft shows between the knob and the nut that connects to the housing. Hope these measurements help. We did have a problem with the wrong length piece being installed on an Ikelite Nikon 5700 housing that IKelite resolved in quick order. Dee is right the customer service can't be beat.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom