Ikelite Housing Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting here, just thought I would report on how it goes.

My Ikelite Housing for the D-100 I have used for five years...maybe close to 500 dives on it, I guess. I rinse it but am not faithful about flushing the buttons. The sync cord has been wet and just screwed back on. Finally the cord broke inside on a stress point on the back of the housing where it wears. (My new housing for the D-200 will have a cord saver on the housing, they say).

So...I bit the frugal bullet and sent the whole thing off for a service/overhaul.
125 for the complete service, 50 for the strobe service, and a new cord...came to about 200 dollars.

Michael called me today about two weeks from the time I sent the housing with the news about the cost, what the problem was with the strobe, etc.

They will also be installing the low profile clips for the 8" dome port for the 10.5 fisheye. (that was why it wasn't fitting)

The housing has never flooded and has taken a real beating. Customer service from Ikelite, as usual is very good.

Ikelite really does it up right, and they don't screw you in charges.

Another reason I'm glad I use Ikelite.

I had a problem with a strobe a year ago. I bought it used! They replaced just about everything inside.... no charge.

Ikelite rocks. :rocker:

Happy to hear that you're servicing it Cath.
Less expensive than I thought it would be.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom