Ikelite housing lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiediver1

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone tell me what options I have for adding lenses to my Oly Iklelite housing? I keep hearing about Inon, Sea and Sea, and now Im hearing something about Canon! I have a Oly 3040 camera and am looking to add a wide angle lens thats good quality at a decent price. Help!

Can anyone tell me what options I have for adding lenses to my Oly Iklelite housing? I keep hearing about Inon, Sea and Sea, and now Im hearing something about Canon! I have a Oly 3040 camera and am looking to add a wide angle lens thats good quality at a decent price. Help!

Meredith,

I can vouch the Inon UWL-100 type 2 or the Sea and Sea digital conversion lens type L should fit your Ikelite Oly housing. Not sure about the Canon lens. From what I understand, Canon does not make an uw wide angle lens for the Ikelite Oly housing.

I strongly recommend to go with the Sea and Sea DCL type L.

Hope this helps.

Allan

Allan,

Thanks for the input...do you know how much the Sea and Sea lens costs? Is it comparable?

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

Meredith

Alan, in your opinion, how does the Olympus PWC-01 rate along with the S&S and Inon? I'd be interested in a WAL for my PT-015 soon.... :)

Any particular reason for the preference of the Sea and Sea?

Whats your preference on a strobe? YS-90 or the ds-125? This is all so confusing to a newbie underwater photographer like myself. I need all the help and advice I can get! I need simplicity!! :)

okiediver1 once bubbled...
Any particular reason for the preference of the Sea and Sea?

Whats your preference on a strobe? YS-90 or the ds-125? This is all so confusing to a newbie underwater photographer like myself. I need all the help and advice I can get! I need simplicity!! :)

Okie....if you look around at the recent posts, you'll see discussions about strobes. Mainly you'll see me suggesting the S&S YS90DX and ReyeR just as strongly suggesting the Ikelite DS-125. Bottom line is they are both good strobes, they just each have their own distinct features...

TTL or not
Full control or automatic
pretty or ugly....LOL

Do a search for either of these names then come back for with your specific questions. I don't mean to brush you off but you're asking which is better Ford or Chevy!

Mainly you'll see me suggesting the S&S YS90DX and ReyeR just as strongly suggesting the Ikelite DS-125

Which makes me wonder, Dee, I haven't seen too many users post on either. It'll be interesting to know their views and sharing their experiences...

pretty or ugly....LOL
Ya just couldn't resist could ya :D

ReyeR once bubbled...

Which makes me wonder, Dee, I haven't seen too many users post on either. It'll be interesting to know their views and sharing their experiences...
I agree, I wish others would chime in. Maybe we should shut up for a while! :wink: I think there's alot of new users who don't have much experience with the strobes yet or aren't sure about posting their opinions.

Ya just couldn't resist could ya :D

You know it! :D

But she’s not that ugly...... Don’t worry Ike ... your pretty in your own way ... "Aunt" Dee really didn’t mean that

fc8bef68.jpg

Ok now I've lost it :wacko:

What was the question??? :D

Back
Top Bottom