Ikelite housing/Canon 10D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomG

Reaction score
Has anyone had the oppurtunity to use the new housing from Ikelite for the Canon 10D? It may not even be out yet.

Tom in VA

I have a Canon EOS 10D. Which housing do you recommend: Sea & Sea (already available) or Ikelite (available in July 2004.)

I have read somewhere that (although less expensive) Ikelite housing is more realiable, costs less for insurance and is more popular in Australia. Is there any truth to that?

For a complete setup (Housing, Ports for Canon 100mm USM marco lens, Strobe with arms and sync cord), Ikelite is about $2000 while Sea&Sea is about $3200.

I have also read somewhere that Ikelite DS-125 strobe with TTL slave sensor is inferere to Sea & Sea YS90Auto. Is that true?

I think I like Ikelite for being clear so I can test and see the leak in a fresh water bucket before dive and the fact that I can see the O-ring.

I'm waiting for Ikelite to come out in July. I hope I'm not making a mistake here.

Does anyone have good or bad experiences with Ikelite or Sea & Sea? If you have experience with both, which is your peference and why? Please feel free to comment.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom