Ikelite Housing Aluminum vs Fully Clear Molded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ike:
Nikkor 70-180mm is not adaptable. We solved Olympus digital TTL, are working on Canon and studying Nikon which is confusing the issues by going from D-TTL to I-TTL.

I hope that goes well, because the TTL issue is really delaying my next purchase. I am seriously eyeing the Fuji S2 (or S3), but I have a couple of reservations and for various reasons (sound or unsound) really prefer to remain in my familiar Nikon realm. I have been putting off D100 purchase because of TTL issues and am now very curious as to what and when the D70 will introduce to my decision process.

In the meantime, I am very tempted to purchase one of your housings for my coolpix 4500 and get used to using your digital strobes which leads me to wonder what it is that makes TTL possible with your DS-125 with a housed 4500, but not other Nikon cameras. Your website states that TTL is possible with that model. What's the difference that makes it possible? Another question I have ceneters around an older Substrobe 200 I have. Your website says that the circuitry could be updated to be used with the 4500 housing. My question is, if I did that, would I be able to use my rebuilt 200 along with the DS-125 with a dual synch chord, or would a slave controller be needed to fire one or other strobe?

Back
Top Bottom