Ikelite DS-125

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Kjaer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

My digital camara has fallen in love with this strobe....

Somebody here there have it? or would recomend another allround strobe

I have a pair of them, and I wouldn't swap them for anything else!!!

The Inon's seem to be quite popular too.

I have one and a second one should arrive in the next few weeks. I would consider the Inon 220Z to be the main competitor for the Ikelite although I doubt that Inon would have nearly as good customer service as Ikelite. The Inon supposed to be just as powerful at a 1/3 of the size from a head to head review I saw awhile ago however the published air guide number would suggest that the Inon is quite a bit less powerful.

I had the misfortube to flood one of mine, after only a few dives.

Ike told me return it to them and 4 weeks from the Uk to US and back again a brand new DS125 arrived - fantastic service!

Hi again,

I can see that some of you uses 2 strobes, is that a MUST, or is 1 enough.

I use one, but am thinking about obtaining another for better lighting on macro subjects. One is good, but two are better...how much better is a matter for debate.

I have two but recently with the viz being so bad (<3m) I only use one, as using two is very difficult to get backscatter free pics.

However, in "Blue sea" (red sea, etc), I always use two - you clear water boys have it so easy :wink:

I loved mine. It had probably 60 dives on it and it flooded last week! Little over a year old. Not a clue as to why it flooded.
I have a check from State Farm on the table to pay for the new one.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom