Ikelite does it again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS:
I had the trigger assembly jam on my Ikelite housing several weeks ago. I opened the housing when I got home and tried to get the button to pop up. I was very careful but not careful enough and ended up with a little broken piece of plastic. I shipped it off and told them to bill me.

It came UPS today, no charge for fixing or shipping. I've heard similar stories from others but I figured there was no question of who broke the little plastic thingy. What a great company to deal with!

I had a serious leak with a nikon n50 housing .It has got a large crack on a zoom knob. I`ve never bumped or dropped it. Unfortunately, I had to insist twice to have some info or orientation. It leaked through the oring on the zoom knob. The shaft is solid so Ikelite states the crack had no effect on the leak . . OK ! I agree . I ordered and will be paying for ALL parts, including the cracked knob. Great company ? Maybe, but I don´t believe the service is anywhere near special.

Crack in the knob would have nothing to do with leakage. Housing may have a crack causing the leak. I would like to see the housing if you will send directly to us............

ike

ike:
Crack in the knob would have nothing to do with leakage. Housing may have a crack causing the leak. I would like to see the housing if you will send directly to us............

ike

A small hyjack but do you have an ETA on a housing for a Mintolta Dimage Z1?

R..

When my D70 housing flooded, Ike not only repaired my housing free of charge, but offered to replace my Camera and Lens as well.

ike:

ike
Ike,
I believe it. But when i contacted Ikelite twice (with the attached pics) , all I got was an ordering method for a new knob without further help.
I would like to send the housing but as you´ll see on emails I live abroad .I´ll send the email history to your address at Ikelite.
Brazilian aduana could charge me something like 50% of the housing´s list price for taxes, that + shipping ... I´ll probably be better buying a new one . I know its not of your concern but that´s why I really asked and needed help.

I do appreciate your interest and attention . This is the kind of attitude that I expected from Ikelite and confirms your good reputation.

Well... as Diver0001 indicates
The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea. (Isak Dinesen)
(Good hijack, Diver0001 :wink:)
Tks
Marcelo

Detonate:
When my D70 housing flooded, Ike not only repaired my housing free of charge, but offered to replace my Camera and Lens as well.

He also offered me a replacement housing . I just emailed him stating that I do believe it won´t be necessary.
His offer speaks for itself.
I don´t believe any other company would care to do that and now I´m sure my housing will be ok

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom