Ikelite does it again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had the trigger assembly jam on my Ikelite housing several weeks ago. I opened the housing when I got home and tried to get the button to pop up. I was very careful but not careful enough and ended up with a little broken piece of plastic. I shipped it off and told them to bill me.

It came UPS today, no charge for fixing or shipping. I've heard similar stories from others but I figured there was no question of who broke the little plastic thingy. What a great company to deal with!

I took one of his housings down well below 200ft, more like 300 ( Trimix ). the rear cover of my N-90 housing suffered a few stress fractures, didn't flood though! I asked how much a new one would be and Ike himself answered, No charge, "they ain't suppose to fail". He stated that the old one may have been made of and older type composite that was more brittle than the current material. I have infact taken the replacement down "rather" deep without any trouble.

Anyway, Ike is known for his service! I used his housings for 8 years and I still have a couple, Only reason I use another maker is the extreme macro I do requires lenses that are not compatible with Ike ports.

Chris

I had an incident involving a flooded strobe after a service and Ike shipped me a new strobe halfway around the world, within a week at no cost whatsoever.

Someone made mention that "so they should" but I think this company has simply the best customer service people in the whole diving industry. I also use Sea and Sea strobes and have not been able to get SnS Japan to answer a single email in over a year! Even my dive computer has to go away for a month for a simple battery change, yet Ike got me a brand new strobe with no charge for the strobe or the shipping 12,000 miles with no fuss.

Ike's customer service/orientation is something to take into account when buying strobes.

Ikelite rules in my books, as far as the housing goes for vid cams. I had mine now for 5 years now and never had any problems with it, I just change the ring every once in awhile and rinse it.:)

DEB :wink:

It's stories like Dennis's that emphasize why I will always be an Ikelite customer and will buy their products before any other if I can. While other companies try to find ways to get out of trying to fix a problem with their product (even when it is clearly a manufacturing issue) , Ike has always seemd to find way to correct problems in friendly and often cost-free fashion even when it was the customer's mistake.

louisianadiver:
I like Ike, too, and I use lots of his products, but don't get the idea that Ike's service is free or even very quick. Figure about 2 weeks after receiving gear before they'll have a chance to look at it, and charges will be reasonable but not cheap. -Clay

Clay, If you have a deadline and need your 100a strobe back for a trip, just ask! Ikelite will make every effort to deliver your strobe back in time for your trip.

Has anybody here used the Ikelite TTL converstion for Olympus cameras? If so what did you think, Or should I stick with the Manual Controller

scubaho:
Clay, If you have a deadline and need your 100a strobe back for a trip, just ask! Ikelite will make every effort to deliver your strobe back in time for your trip.

I just found out 2 weeks ago that I needed to upgrade the circuit boards of my older model SS200's for use w/my new Fuji S2. I'm leaving on a trip Sept 17 and really needed them back ASAP ! I sent them back 9 days ago with a request for the fastest service possable and Ike just e-mailed me this morning ,they were on the way back !!! You can't beat service like this !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom