Ikelite 35

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gail_L

Reaction score
Hello all, I just purchased the Ikelite 35 in April, got the strobe also. Now my only problem is I get either blurry pictures, or a whole lot of bubbles.. :) Been useing 400 speed film for the last two time out. Any suggestions on how to clear this up? Any help would be appreciated..

Hi, Gail!

It is a little hard to diagnose the pbs w/o seeing the photos, but I will try.

(1) Bubbles: they are probably caused by your exhaling while snapping the photo. Solution: violate the inviolable law of scuba--"hold your breath". I.e., just before and while depressing the shutter button do not exhale.

(2) Photos blurry: a couple of potential causes--

(a) Something on the lens. Check the housing at the lens "port", and the lens' surfaces inside and outside the camera
(b) Less likely is that you are too close to everything. The Ikelite auto 35 can only focus to two feet. If you are closer, everything will be out of focus.

If the problems do not go away, it could be a camera fault. Ikelite is very good about replacing defective merchandise: return it to the store where you bought it or directly to Ikelite.

Joewr

is you'll get better if you keep at it. I bought an Auto35 and was very disappointed at my immediate results. But I was expecting surface quality photos from the start, that just isn't going to hapen without practice. I'm a long ways from good, but at the same time, I've come a ways from where I started. Keep at it and don't expect every picture to turn out good.

One thing I'd like to add to Joewr's tips is that if your getting waterspots on the pics and that's what you mean by bubbles, try cleaning the front of the housing after entering the water. What happens is that water beads up on the outside of the housing, in front of the lense, and when you take a picture you get the spots. Dave Read has a website with a wealth of info that may be of interest to you as well, check it out at http://www.daveread.com/uw-photo/. He also has specific info on the auto35.

As a side note, I've gotten the best results from my Auto35 using 200 speed Kodak Royal Gold film. That's Royal Gold, not to be confused with Gold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom