Ikeilite housing/Canon A570is = which Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bflem55

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering what strobes will work with the ikeilite housings I am using a cannon a570is camera Im kinda interested if the Sealife digital strobes will work with that housing any suggestions??

Since that housing doesn't use any sort of iTTL connector, and the camera has no hotshoe for one anyway, I'd think you could use it with any 'optically' slaved strobe - whether this is using Ikelite's EV controller, Inon's fiberoptics, etc. I don't know anything about Sealife strobes specifically but the 960D kit for example also has a fiberoptic link, so I'd suppose it would work. But if you're going to go with the cost of an Ike housing I'd add the $75 or so for the tray/arm assembly and go with a strobe on a more flexible arm mount so you've got some ability to change positions, etc.

You can use these two strobes :
- inon D2000
- YS 110

thez can work well with compact cameras.
They reproduce pre-flash nd flash usin an optical cable.

so are those the only strobes that will work with the ikeilite housings??

I think there are more than 20 strobes found in the StrobeFinder database with characteristics you require........

1. a strobe that can be triggered optically, ignore a pre-flash......and firing in sync with the main flash that fires when the aperture is open..........

or

2. a strobe that can be triggered optically, mimic a pre-flash (fire and quench in unison)......and still have enough energy left in the tank along with the speed required to fire in sync with the main flash.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/strobes.php

Under "Quick Queries" click on "optically triggered strobes" link......then choose one or more of the strobes that offers the "pre-flash compatibility" you require (either ignore or mimic.....in other words, avoid "none" ) with a Canon A570 IS.

so can I use a sea life strobe??? people were saying I cant screw it in the bottom??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom