Ikehousing/leash/where to clip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi everyone

the leash thing i got for my camera has a ring yolk like on a set of keys to attach it to my camera, the place where it should clip onto the camera is too small for the ring though

where do u guys attach them to ur ike housings

I mounted a small D-Ring using multiple tie-wraps to the right underside of my Ikelite tray and replaced the split-ring with a clip.

Wrapped a lanyard around the tray base and added a clip. Clips to a Dring when I need to let go of the camera and need both hands free. On my wrist when I use the camera so if I drop it or need two hands quickly for a task the camera is attached to my wrist.

Somewhat risky as I can't drop the camera easly in an emergency but is the best I could come up with.

this is the ring part im talking about that wont fit
DSCF4039.jpg

do u have the lanyard attached to the bottom of the tray with the tie wraps yes

can the split pins in the tray be takin out
DSCF4037.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

DSCF4038.jpg

if i could get the bottom part of the tray off i would be able to attach the dog lead thing i got to the tray, it would be perfect,but i dont wanna bend the pin if it cant be put back together

ohh i see what u mean now, thanks very much, i have some strong tie wraps around someplace that will do the job

I was actually looking for the same thing. Needed to figure out how I was gonna keep my camera now that I am going to start using a strobe and that looks like an excellent idea.

Back
Top Bottom